Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cat On A Hot Carpet

The slaves have been complaining that I make them work on hot days, especially the male one. I've sent him off to work elsewhere, and he has to sit in a glass box all day before coming back to Kitty Palace, where I have a long list of duties for him.

I'm not quite sure what he does in the glass box - all I know is that I haven't found it necessary to send him there for some months. However, he has been very disobedient (after all, it was he who removed my green spiky thing), and the female one keeps the Palace too cold for a kitty's liking.

They must be separated, because it looks like they don't like that. I'm still waiting for my new slaves to come - I sniffed a visitor today to examine if she was suitable but no, she smelled of puppies and cosmetics. My standards need to be met.

I will carry on ignoring the servants, and partying hard all night long. In the meantime, I gather all my running-around strength and watch...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maebh, I feel for you, I do. My slave works a mere 20m from your male slave. She feels the need to wake me at the ridiculous hour of 5am five mornings a week. There I am, comfortably asleep on her feet when suddenly a searing beeping sound emanates from a small box and my slave immediately silences the beeper, de-sheets her feet…and me!

There is something to be said for your kitty palace though. I am “given permission” during the daylight hours to explore my backyard and the roof of my slave’s abode. This is all very well and good, however on the weekend just past I was cornered on the paving by a large blue tongued lizard. I yelled at that lizard and was mid-way through informing it of exactly whose backyard it had wandered into, when my slave plucked me from the ground and carried me inside. Not exactly what I had in mind.

Anyway, back to my whiskers. I find they need a great deal of grooming in this warm weather.
Corey-Cat.