Saturday, January 24, 2009

Totally Herbal

The humans have been quite agitated lately. I know that one thing the female slave hates is when it's too sunny, so she hasn't exactly loved the weather round here. I accompany her sometimes to the big 'outside' (and the male slave too) when it's hot, and watch the humans walk around with a big water container. I love water. I would say it's my favourite thing ever, apart from sleeping. And lounging. And ignoring.

Recently they have been complaining about how the sun is hurting their green spiky things. Now, I know I've had a lot of experience with a green spiky thing that used to live in the corner of the room, but these are different. They smell different. And they are outside. I usually test to see if th
ey need water, and then order my servants accordingly. They seem to obey, which is nice.

To their horror, one of the green spiky things doesn't have many leaves left. They seem to think it was something called 'caterpillars' that caused such destruction. I've heard of them - green with lots of legs. And chewy.


Anyway, time for dinner. Now, do I have mint or basil on my Eagle Pack?

Mmmmmm, mint.

1 comment:

Cee said...

Maebh, ask your servants to try some Molasses Spray: 1 tab molasses dissolved in 1 litre warm water and 1 tsp pure liquid soap. Combine ing. and spray regularly over the leaves of all plants attacked by caterpillars. They'd rather starve than eat this! I wonder how you would find it Maebh. Hmmm.

Idea from Organic Vegetable Gardening, Annette McFarlane.